supervision is essential. Never let kids swim alone!
• If your pool is not fenced in, fence it!
• Keep gates closed. Make sure that self closing gates
actually self close. Even better yet, padlock the gate.
• Keep items which can be used for climbing (tables, chairs,
large play toys, and ladders) away from fences.
• Keep toys and balls out of and away from the pool area.
• Remove any trees, bushes or other things that might block
a clear view of the pool from the house.
• Keep the water within 3 to 4 inches from the top of the
pool. This will make climbing out of the pool easier.
• Keep all pool chemical supplies and equipment locked up at
• Keep an emergency plan, with telephone number to
call 911, by the entrance to the house or near an outside
• Learn CPR. It takes only a couple hours and may save a
Courtesy of Brian's Pool and Spa Service, Thousand Oaks, CA 805.915.9118